vendredi 27 mars 2009

Research vacancy

Dear colleagues,

I am writing to ask you to help me find a research assistant or associate to assist with one or two projects over the next couple of years.

I am looking for someone who would serve as a data manager and assist me and colleagues with data analysis. The data will be a combination of types (spatial, physiological, behavioral, environmental) from biologging instruments and/or hydroacoustics. I am looking for someone with excellent computing skills in a Windows environment. Ideally, the person would have experience with Matlab, ArcView or other GIS tools, and statistical software, and an advanced degree in marine science, biology, zoology, or related field. The position is located at the University of Texas Marine Science Institute in Port Aransas, Texas, and is expected to last for 2 years or more. Salary will be commensurate with experience. I would like to hire someone as soon as possible.

If you know of anyone who might be interested in this position, please ask them to contact me.
Thanks for your help.

Sincerely,

Lee A. Fuiman
Professor
Department of Marine Science and
School of Biological Sciences, Section of Integrative Biology
MSI home page: http://www.utmsi.utexas.edu
my home page: http://www.utmsi.utexas.edu/staff/fuiman