- A monthly compensation of R 3 500, which is sufficient to pay all costs of living. This compensation will rise to R4 700 per month in November 2018, when the research assistant takes over the research manager position.
- For travel costs, R12 000 per year can be refunded, but proof (receipts) must be presented for this. This refund is only payable after October 2019 and will not be paid if the person leaves earlier than agreed.
- You will become an honorary researcher at the University of the Witwatersrand in the group of Prof. N. Pillay.
- Scientific co-authorship will be possible if the manager contributes to the success of projects by not only collecting the majority of data, but also by data analysis and writing of the manuscript.
- The manager needs to arrange for a health insurance covering him / her during the stay. A copy must be sent to C. Schradin before travelling to the stations.
Period: The new manager is expected to start in July / August 2018 and to stay at least until the end of November 2019, the end of the breeding season 2019. The agreement might be extended for a total period of up to 3 years.
How to apply? Please send a CV, a letter of motivation and the names and contact information of at least two scientists available for reference. The letter of motivation should state why you think you are the perfect candidate for this, and when you could start.
Application deadline: There is no deadline but the position is open until filled. Thus, when you are interested: send your application as soon as possible!