jeudi 6 octobre 2016
Behavior Scientist-Pet Welfare
This position is responsible for performing the necessary work related to the Pet Emotional and Wellbeing research program under minimal supervision.
• Conduct research aimed at improving our understanding of pet behavior, pet welfare and human-animal interactions.
• Develop and implement innovative testing methodologies for assessing pet emotional wellbeing.
• Investigate, develop and implement tools to collect and analyze pet behavior and physiological data.
• Collect and analyze pet behavior data.
• In collaboration with other business units, develop animal behavior-based products and services.
• Function as a project team leader as assigned. Required activities include, but are not limited to:
• Providing project leadership for the projects assigned.
• Adherence to Company policy on protection of patent rights and intellectual property.
• Ensuring all appropriate documents and project records are filed in the Central Project Files whether paper or electronic.
• Prepare written reports for further review.
• Collaborate with internal and external groups with aligned research objectives.
• Communicate internally and externally on project development and research findings.
• Knowledge of, and compliance with, the Animal Welfare Act and all procedures and protocols in the Nestlé Purina PTC PetCare Manual.
• Conduct all activity in compliance with Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP), Good Laboratory Practices (GLP) and all required Company policies and procedures.
• Travel as necessary
• Indirectly provide guidance and direction to behavior research technicians.
Required Education, Experience, and Knowledge:
• PhD degree in the area of Animal Behavior required preferably combined with a Masters or Bachelor in the area of Veterinary Medicine/Animal Science.
• Experience in measuring emotional states in mammals.
• Demonstrated experience with research techniques, use of statistical analysis, and experimental design.
• Ability to work directly with cats and dogs.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Interpersonal interaction skills
• Demonstrated project management skills with multiple projects/priorities.
• Good organizational skills.
• Proficiency with computer programs (Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
Specialized Knowledge/Skills Preferred But Not Required:
• Evidence of peer reviewed, published research.
• Knowledge of non-invasive behavioral research techniques.
Job: Behavior Scientist-Pet Welfare
Primary Location: St. Joseph, MO US