jeudi 6 octobre 2016
This position is responsible for performing the necessary work related to feline and canine behavior research under the supervision of behavior scientists.
• Carry out testing methodologies developed by the Behavior, Pet Waste
Management, Palatability or Nutrition groups insuring a high standard of
• Perform behavioral observations of pets within our pet care facility.
• Required activities include, but are not limited to:
• Data collection and record keeping for the projects assigned.
• Adherence to Company policy on protection of patent rights and intellectual
• Effective communication of results through oral presentations and/or timely,
written technical documentation and reports.
• Knowledge of, and compliance with, the Animal Welfare Act and all procedures
and protocols in the Nestlé Purina PTC PetCare Manual.
• Conduct all activity in compliance with Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP),
Good Laboratory Practices (GLP) and all required Company policies and
JOB QUALIFICATIONS (Education, Experience, and Knowledge):
• Bachelor’s degree in Biology, Psychology, Animal Science or related
discipline, with an emphasis in Animal Behavior.
• Exposure to working with cats and dogs using basic handling techniques.
• Exposure to scientific behavior data collection using scientific data systems
(i.e. Noldus, Mangold)
• Good communication and interpersonal skills.
• Good organizational skills.
• Computer proficiency and literacy.
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS PREFERRED BUT NOT REQUIRED:
• Research experience working directly with cats and dogs.
• Experience with urine, fecal and saliva sample collection, cataloging and
• Experience using behavior coding software
Job: Development Technician
Primary Location: St. Joseph, MO US