vendredi 28 janvier 2011
Research position in ethology
(Reference number: 2011/70)
There is a vacant, contemporary research position (100%) in ethology at the Department of Animal- and Aquacultural Sciences, Norwegian University of Life Sciences for around 3.5 years starting from 1st of April 2011.
The person hired will participate and have responsibility for experimental work involving both practical and theoretical research tasks on the recently funded EU-proposal KBBE.2010.1.3-03: “Development and integration of animal based welfare indicators in livestock species”. The main activities of the Ph.D. candidate will be associated with WP3: “Prenatal and early-postnatal environment, and animal welfare”, and the aim of the UMB part of WP 3 will be to examine the effects of different prenatal, social environments and social dynamics in flocks of adult goats on the survival, behavioural development and welfare of the offspring in goat kids. Furthermore, the candidate will be responsible for a smaller part of WP4: “Global Research School in Animal Welfare”. Professor Adroaldo J. Zanella is the project coordinator and head of the entire EU-project. Associate professor Inger Lise Andersen is the leader of WP3 and the part of WP3 that is the basis for the present position.
• The person hired needs to have a doctoral degree in ethology or behavioural biology
• Competence within one or more of the following ethological areas is preferred: social behaviour, ontogeny, prenatal effects, maternal behaviour and mother-young interactions
• Some familiarity with behavioural ecology is also considered an advantage
• The candidate should have some experience with and interest for teaching and knowledge about how to navigate in web-based systems because the position also includes some work to develop an international, web-based teaching program within animal welfare
• Team worker
• Good communication skills
• Interested in multidisciplinary work
• Highly motivated for this particular topic
• Creative and with a lot of initiative
• Analytical skills
The position is remunerated starting at level 57 on the Norwegian Government salary scale (gross annual salary approximately NOK 448 200). Increases in salary will be according to seniority rights. The position follows the Norwegian government pay scale and includes membership in the national pension plan (2% contribution).
Questions should be directed to Inger Lise Andersen, phone: +47 64 96 51 71, e-mail: email@example.com.
Application including CV, copies of references and certificates documenting completed degrees, PhD thesis, and any other publications should be submitted electronically via the link: ‘Apply for this position’ by February 20th 2011.
Printed material that cannot be sent electronically should be sent in triplicate to Norwegian University of Life Sciences, Department of Animal and Aquacultural Sciences, P.O. Box 5003, N-1432 Aas, Norway. Quote reference number 11/70.
Applicants that are invited for interview must show officially certified copies of certificates and references.
In accordance with UMB’s personnel policy objectives that its staff should reflect the composition of the population in general, both with respect to gender and cultural diversity, women and persons with a minority ethnic background in particular are encouraged to apply.
Catégories PhD à l'étranger