mardi 13 mars 2012
Vervet Monkey Foundation
As your role is to manage the welfare of our Monkeys, duties will involve:
• Monitoring health and administering worming and medical treatments as required.
• Management of cages-cleaning, providing enrichments and delivering food & water
• Observations of behaviour and troops in anticipation of integrations.
• Support training and supervision of volunteers by sharing knowledge, attending site meetings and gatherings.
• Where requested, assist in all aspects of running the Sanctuary which could include fund-raising, food preparation and release of monkeys.
In our Primate Carer, we want someone:
• Who has a strong interest in the environment and conservation and has previously volunteered/worked with animals.
• Qualified to at least 4 GCSE’s-a suitable animal/primate qualification is preferred
• Has ability to work on own initiative in the best interests of VMF and can confidently demonstrate supervisory skills.
• Be flexible in prioritising the needs of the Primates, working varied hours in a hot climate.
• Can work within the changing dynamic of our Volunteer community
This position is voluntary, for those able to stay longer than one year, a small stipend may be possible after one year.
Support provided for internship/volunteer positions (travel, meals, lodging):
Basic cabin accommodation is provided along with vegetarian / vegan meals, laundry, lifts into town on your days off.
Term of Appointment:
Min 1 year, preferably long term commitment
The Vervet Monkey Foundation, South Africa is also a member of PASA and a verified GFAS sanctuary.
Dave Du Toit
Plot 35, California
Tzaneen 0850 0850
+27 83 45 45 381