mardi 13 mars 2012
Vervet Monkey Foundation, South Africa
In our Volunteer Coordinator, we want someone :
• With at least two years work experience
• Who has a keen interest in the environment and conservation, not necessarily having previously worked with animals.
• Has excellent organisational and people skills and can confidently demonstrate team leader capabilities.
• Has basic computer skills and are able to work on their own initiative.
Additional help with educational programmes may be possible also.
As your primary goal will be to anticipate the needs of the Volunteers, duties will involve :
• PA to the Animal Manager
• Managing Volunteer introductions, inductions, duties, rotas and health & safety training.
• Manage stock and supervise kitchen services for volunteers – all meals are vegan/vegetarian.
• Manage and maintain the Volunteer Village.
• Attend and coordinate site meetings and gatherings.
• Assist in all aspects of running the Sanctuary which could include fund-raising, monitoring and handling of monkeys, food preparation, recovery, care and release of monkeys.
Ensure the smooth running of the centre.
This position is voluntary with a small stipend depending of length of stay.
Support provided for internship/volunteer positions (travel, meals, lodging):
Basic cabin accommodation provided, vegetarian / vegan meals, laundry, lifts into town on your days off.
Term of Appointment:
end June 2012 - as long as possible (Min 18 months)
The Vervet Monkey Foundation, South Africa are a member of PASA and a verified GFAS sanctuary.
Dave Du Toit
Plot 35, California
Tzaneen 0850 0850
+27 83 45 45 381