mardi 26 avril 2011
The San Diego Humane Society & SPCA is seeking to fill a full time position for Manager Behavior and Training. The successful candidate manages the in-house, private, and public training programs, pre- and post adoption consultation, and behavior helpline programs for all SDHS campuses to ensure quality of service for people and animal clients. The Manager supervises our trainers who work with animals in our care and educate customers about dog behavior and care, help enhance the bond between dog and owner and allow responsible pet owners to safely and humanely control their dog’s behavior.
• In cooperation with the Director of Behavior and Training as well as other service areas, provide leadership, develop and coordinate implementation of animal training and enrichment programs for dogs and cats.
• Assess needs, develop, and oversee public training services and private training for all SDHS campus facilities.
• Develop and provide informative materials on preventing and handling problem behaviors in the home and the shelter setting (protocols, information sheets, data sheets, etc.)
• Develop, conduct and analyze quality assessments and consumer satisfaction surveys for the program to ensure that services are held to high professional standards in content and delivery while meeting SDHS’s training and behavior philosophy.
• Oversee scheduling, content and quality of the pre-and –post adoption counseling services offered through the trainers.
• Ensure that all protocol, polices, and procedures are implemented and maintained.
• Ensure timely and accurate data entry for statistics as well as progress reports for each animal trained using computer based programs.
• Communicate training and enrichment program details and progress to Director of B&T as well as staff of related services and departments.
• Oversee the quality and continuous development of the society’s behavior help line and ‘Ask the Trainer’ program.
• Oversee B&T volunteer program.
• Assist in development and implementation of on-going training for trainers, and B&T volunteers as well as other shelter staff in areas related to training.
• Provide community outreach about animal behavior through public classes, information materials and participation in events as needed.
• Establish and maintain positive contacts with the local and national training community as well as comparable departments of other animal welfare organization.
• Cooperate closely with SDHS’s behavior assessment, behavior modification, and behavior research program staff as well as other SDHS departments as needed.
• Prepare and maintain budgets for all aspects related to training, behavior helpline, and ask the trainer programs.
• Maximize revenue and control costs through managing people, resources and finances; responsible for annual training school budget, meeting or exceeding expectations, and for providing statistics as needed.
• Recruit, hire and train trainers.
• Conduct performance appraisals.
• Process timekeeping records for payroll purposes.
• Schedule and conduct regular staff meetings.
• Experience and proficiency in facilitating group classes. Participate actively in departments training related programs as needed.
• Demonstrated knowledge of health care, behavior, control and handling of dogs, cats and other companion animals
• Communicate effectively and professionally with co-workers, management and the public at all times.
• Contribute to a work environment that fosters pride in being part of a winning team that promotes personal growth.
• Create a climate in which staff is motivated to do their jobs.
• Demonstrate by personal example the desired standards of conduct, work performance and excellence.
• Attend meetings as scheduled for department input.
• Other duties may be assigned as needed.
• Position includes travel to all SDHS locations on South and North County campuses.
The San Diego Humane Society and SPCA fosters a nurturing and supportive environment for employees and volunteers alike offering an open minded, team-oriented environment, central locations, excellent benefits, competitive salaries, and opportunity for advancement. Additional information regarding the organization can be found online at www.sdhumane.org.
For information regarding the position, please contact Dr. Petra Mertens (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Ms. Morgan Hill (email@example.com).