As a research assistant you will be assigned your own region within our study area. It will be your responsibility to perform all the duties within this region, six days per week. Housing is provided in our field station in It Heidenskip, where you will live with other members of our team including other research assistants and both graduate and undergraduate students. We are therefore seeking a person who is able to live and work with others, but is capable of performing all duties independently in their region.
For more information about our project visit: http://www.rug.nl/re...w-birds?lang=en.
15 March 2016 - 1 July 2016
- Colour-band reading with telescope and binoculars
- Flock counts and behavioral observations
- Finding nests
- Measuring eggs
- Catching & banding chicks and adults
- Alarm counts
- Entering data in the database (MS Access)
- Interacting with farmers and landowners
- Bachelors degree in Ecology or similar field
- Experience with the above mentioned duties
- Must supply your own car (mileage is reimbursed)
- Valid drivers license
- Able to work long hours, both indoors and outdoors, for 3.5 months.
- Proficiency in English. (Knowledge of Dutch is beneficial, but not required.)
Gross salary approximately 2000 Euros per month, plus free housing and reimbursed gas.
Applicants should send a letter of interest and CV with names, telephone numbers, and e-mail addresses of three references in a SINGLE DOCUMENT to Mo Verhoeven (email@example.com). Please indicate 'Research Assistant Application' in the subject heading. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled, so early application is highly recommended.