The FLI Institute of Animal Welfare and Animal Husbandry in Celle offers a full (39 h/week) tenure track position as a
PostDoc scientist („wissenschaftliche/r Mitarbeiter/in“)
from the soonest possible date until 30.06.2018.
The employment will be based on the Federal Civil Service Act (TVöD) and its related regulations. In case of fulfilment of the relevant requirements the salary will refer to TVöD 14 (area West).
The appointee will spend half of his / her time on the scientific coordination of the project „Tail biting intervention programme for weaner piglets (A-SchwIP)“ which started in July 2015. The aims of this project are to develop and evaluate a software-based management tool for reducing tail biting risks in weaner piglets, which includes the epidemiological analysis of tail biting risk factors. Main tasks are:
- scientific supervision and support of the A-SchwIP PhD student
- developing and maintaining the content of an online management tool training platform
- consolidation and epidemiological analysis of on-farm data
- publication of results in peer reviewed scientific journals and for stakeholders
The second half of the position will be concerned with:
- compiling scientific opinions on current pig welfare topics
- participation in working groups on improvement of pig welfare
- connecting with other pig welfare research projects
- a PhD in agricultural, biological or veterinary science (or equivalent)
- experience in analysing large datasets
- fluent spoken and written English and / or German
- interest in pig husbandry and epidemiological data analysis
- interest in communicating with scientists, farmers, farm advisers and veterinarians
Willingness to travel for one to several days and a driving licence category B (car) is expected.
The Friedrich-Loeffler-Institut is dedicated to increasing the proportion of female employees. Applica-tions by women are therefore explicitly encouraged. Individuals with disabilities will be given preferen-tial consideration in case of equal qualification. Only a minimal level of physical qualification is required.
For further information please contact Sabine Dippel, firstname.lastname@example.org, p +49 5141 3846-200.
Written applications including significant documents should be sent to Friedrich-Loeffler-Institut, Fachbereich Personal, Dörnbergstraße 25/27, 29223 Celle, Germany by 15.02.2016 using refer-ence “Kennziffer Nds. 01/16”. Please note, that you will not receive an acknowledgement of receipt. Applications will be returned after the position has been filled