The Institute of Animal Welfare and Animal Husbandry in Celle offers a full (39 h/week) position as a
PostDoc in Animal Welfare Science
starting at the soonest possible date.
The employment will be based on the Federal Civil Service Act (TVöD) and its related regulations. In case of fulfilment of the relevant requirements the salary will refer to TVöD 14 (area West).
The applicant will be responsible for proposing, planning and leading research projects in the in-stitute department for “Animal Welfare during transport and at the point of slaughter or killing”. A second task area will be the participation in national and international committees for Animal Wel-fare.
Key aspects of the work are:
- acquiring funding for research and supervision of scientific projects of the department
- coordination of national and international joint research projects
- evaluation and statistical analysis of scientific data, reporting of results
- supervision of postgraduates and technical staff
- publishing of results in international scientific and national sectoral journals
- joining international and national expert panels
- preparing scientific reports and statements to the government
The successful candidate is expected to have
- a Dr. or PhD in Veterinary Medicine, or equivalent subject
- experience in and knowledge of research on Animal Welfare aspects of transport, stunning and killing of domestic animals in laboratory and in the field
- experience in analysis of large data sets and video records
- experience in fund raising and supervision of scientific projects in the area
- willingness to perform duty travel; possession of a driving license is expected
The candidate will profit from
- proven experience working group collaboration with scientists, veterinarians, and farmers
- fluent command of the German and English language
The Friedrich-Loeffler-Institut is dedicated to increasing the proportion of female employees. Appli-cations by women are therefore explicitly encouraged. Individuals with disabilities will be given preferential consideration in case of equal qualification. Only a minimal level of physical qualifica-tion is required. For further details please contact Dr. Michael Marahrens, by phone: +49 (0)5141 - 3846 135 or by E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications including significant documents should be send to Friedrich-Loeffler-Institut, FB Personal, Dörnbergstraße 25/27, 29223 Celle, Germany (refer to “Kennziffer Nds. 10/16”). Deadline for submissions is the 2016-05-18. Please note, that you will not receive an acknowl-edgement of receipt. Applications will be returned after the final decision on staffing