The Institute of Animal Welfare and Animal Husbandry in Celle offers a full (39 h/week) tenure track position as a
PostDoc in Animal Welfare Science
for three years starting at the soonest possible date.
The employment will be based on the Federal Civil Service Act (TVöD) and its related regulations. In case of fulfilment of the relevant requirements the salary will refer to TVöD 14 (area West).
The applicant will be responsible for
- planning and leading research projects on the behaviour and housing of farm animals, in particular pigs
- acquiring funding for research
- publishing of results in international scientific journals
- joining international and national expert panels
- preparing scientific reports and statements
The successful candidate is expected to have
- a PhD in Agricultural Science, Biology, Veterinary Medicine, or equivalent subject
- a maximum of 6 years previous work as PostDoc
- experience in and knowledge of research on the behaviour and housing of domesticated pigs
- a significant number of international publications
- experience in fund raising
- willingness to perform duty travel; possession of a driving license is expected
The candidate will profit from
- proven experience in international collaboration
- fluent command of the German and English language
The Friedrich-Loeffler-Institut is dedicated to increasing the proportion of female employees. Applications by women are therefore explicitly encouraged. Individuals with disabilities will be given preferential consideration in case of equal qualification. Only a minimal level of physical qualification is required.
For further details please contact Dr. Lars Schrader, by phone: 05141 - 3846 101 or by E-Mail: email@example.com
Applications including significant documents should be send to Friedrich-Loeffler-Institut, FB Personal, Dörnbergstraße 25/27, 29223 Celle, Germany (refer to “Kennziffer Nds. 09/16”). Deadline for submissions is the 2016-05-18. Please note, that you will not receive an acknowledgement of receipt. Applications will be returned after the final decision on staffing