Employer: World Animal Protection
Work Type/s: Contract, Full Time
Classification/s: Animal Welfare & Protection, Environment & Sustainability, Policy & Research, Project Management
Sector/s: Not For Profit (NFP)
Job posted on: 22 March, 2016.
Applications close: 15 April, 2016.
- We are World Animal Protection.
- We end the needless suffering of animals.
- We influence decision makers to put animals on the global agenda.
- We help the world see how important animals are to all of us.
- We inspire people to change animals' lives for the better.
- We move the world to protection animals.
- Advise on pig welfare matters to internal staff and external stakeholders.
- Build technical capacity in the China office in the area of farm animal welfare, particularly pig welfare.
- Research, monitor and evaluate the animal welfare impacts of new pig production systems on Chinese pigs.
- Analyse and integrate data from pilot projects into practical information for internal and external stakeholders.
- Act as a subject matter expert in pig production and welfare.
- Provide technical input, support and capacity building into World Animal Protection's China HSA project.
- Research and analyse.
- Project coordination and implementation.
To be successful in this role, we are looking for the following criteria:
- Masters or Doctoral degree, or equivalent practical experience in pig farming and farm animal welfare.
- Minimum of 3 years’ practical or research experience in pig farming related to animal welfare
- Good knowledge, experience and commitment in animal welfare, especially in relation to pigs.
- Knowledge and understanding of modern pig farming (International, regional and China), associated technology and the meat production chain is essential.
- Experience working internationally and in a multi-cultural environment.
- Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills.
- Good communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to travel nationally and internationally at short notice.
- Ability to prioritise and organise work tasks.
- High loyalty, integrity and honesty.
- Flexible and able to embrace change positively.
- Fluent in English. An understanding of Chinese (Putonghua) would be favourable.
- IT / computer literate using Microsoft packages e.g. Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Ability to work in a rapidly changing and high pressure environment.
- A passion for animal welfare and a strong commitment to the aims and values of World Animal Protection.