jeudi 1 mars 2018
2 Field Assistants - Guinea Baboon Research in Senegal
The Cognitive Ethology Lab of the German Primate Center runs the research station “CRP Simenti” in the Niokolo Koba National Park in Senegal where we study the social behavior of Guinea baboons. To help with the data collection for the long-‐term data base, we are looking for two highly motivated field assistants for (at least) 14 months, starting August 1st, 2018.
We cover travel costs, medical insurance, necessary medical examinations and vaccinations as well as malaria prophylaxis (reimbursement after completion of stay). Lodging is free and we pay € 400 per month.
Required Skills for the field assistant work
- Happy to live and work under harsh conditions
- Be able to walk long distances in the heat
- Field experience / experience with observing animals
- Good intercultural communication skills
- Team spirit
- Basic knowledge of French
- Clean Driver’s license
- Take census data and behavioral observations
- Collect fecal samples for genetic and hormonal analysis
- Preprocess samples in our field lab
- Work closely with current PhD students
- Contribute to the running of the project
Check out our website for more information on the field station and our ongoing research: http://www.dpz.eu/en/unit/cognitive-ethology/field-station.html
If you are interested in the position, please send a motivation letter, a CV and names of two referents to Rebecca Jürgens (email@example.com). The deadline is rolling until suitable candidates are found. Applications from friends/couples are welcome.
Catégories Field assistant