mercredi 13 juin 2012
Anticipated Position- Department of Animal Sciences, Purdue University
Dr. Maja Makagon will be seeking a motivated individual to provide technical, scientific and organization assistance on research projects relating to poultry behavior and welfare. The successful candidate will assist Dr. Maja Makagon in setting up her new laboratory in the Department of Animal Sciences, Purdue University. It is anticipated that employment will begin between August-September of this year and will be renewable on a year to year basis. Key duties include:
· Coordination and management of research projects related to poultry behavior and physiology (including project development, project set up, data collection and analysis),
· Supervision and instruction of undergraduate students affiliated with the research laboratory,
· Assistance with activities associated with setting up a new research laboratory (ex. equipment ordering, protocol development),
· Assistance in preparation of reports, manuscripts and presentations.
Applicants with previous experience conducting behavioral research or a Master’s degree in animal behavior or related area are preferred. However, interested individuals with the following minimum qualifications are encouraged to apply:
· B.A. degree in biological sciences
· Previous experience with behavioral research
· Strong computer skills, including use of Microsoft suite, Endnote
· Understanding of basic statistics
· Ability to work independently as well as cooperatively
· Strong oral and written communication skills
· Strong attention to detail
To apply, please send a cover letter and current cv via email Maja Makagon at firstname.lastname@example.org.