mardi 26 juin 2012
Vervet Monkey Foundation
Would you like to volunteer with one of the largest Primate Sanctuaries in the world?
We are seeking an enthusiastic, dedicated, positive and friendly character to take on the volunteer position of Foundation Manager/Coordinator. This placement is for a minimum of 2 years with a view to a longer term position.
Directly supporting the Foundation Managers, your primary responsibilities will include :
• Managing Volunteer introductions, inductions, duties, rotas and health & safety training.
• Planning menus, manage stock and supervise kitchen services for volunteers – all meals are vegan.
• Manage and maintain the Volunteer Village.
• Coordinate and attend all site meetings and gatherings.
• Assist in all aspects of running the Sanctuary which could include fund-raising, monitoring and handling of monkeys, food preparation, recovery, care and release of monkeys.
In taking on this unpaid volunteer role, you will require a three year volunteer visa.
We provide food and board, plus holidays and the chance to experience the culture and wildlife of South Africa.
For further information on the experience we offer at the Foundation, please download our Volunteer Pack from the following link : http://www.vervet.za.org/volunteer/volunteer_home.asp
If you are interested in this opportunity, please e-mail your CV with a covering letter to : Sarah Jane Smith – firstname.lastname@example.org
For a prompt response, please reference your e-mail “Volunteer Coordinator Role”.
We are looking for someone with :
• At least four years work experience
• A keen interest in the environment and conservation, not necessarily having previously worked with animals.
• Excellent organisational and people skills, who can confidently demonstrate team leader capabilities and adapt to a fast paced environment.
• Basic computer skills and the ability to work on their own initiative.
Support provided for internship/volunteer positions (travel, meals, lodging):
Vegan Meals and accommodation provided.
Term of Appointment:
Minimum 2 Years
Admin Office, Vervet Monkey Foundation
East Grinstead, none RH19 4BA
+44 (0)7990 691863