mardi 26 juin 2012
Volunteer Co-ordinator / Manager
Vervet Monkey Foundation
We are seeking an enthusiastic, dedicated, positive and friendly character to take on the role of Volunteer Coordinator with immediate effect. This placement is for a minimum of 18 months with a view to a longer term position.
As your primary goal will be to anticipate the needs of the Volunteers, duties will involve :
• PA to the Animal Manager
• Managing Volunteer introductions, inductions, duties, rotas and health & safety training.
• Plan menus, manage stock and supervise kitchen services for volunteers – all meals are vegan/vegetarian.
• Manage and maintain the Volunteer Village.
• Attend and coordinate site meetings and gatherings.
• Assist in all aspects of running the Sanctuary which could include fund-raising, monitoring and handling of monkeys, food preparation, recovery, care and release of monkeys.
In our Volunteer Coordinator, we want someone :
• With at least two years work experience
• Who has a keen interest in the environment and conservation, not necessarily having previously worked with animals.
• Has excellent organisational and people skills and can confidently demonstrate team leader capabilities.
• Has basic computer skills including word and excel and are able to work on their own initiative.
Stipend of R1000 (South African Rand) per month offered after a 3 month probationary period which may increase depending on length of stay.
Support provided for internship/volunteer positions (travel, meals, lodging):
Basic single cabin accommodation, vegan meals, lifts into town on days off, laundry.
Term of Appointment:
Min 2 yrs, preferably on a long term basis
We are looking for truly dedicated people who are willing to put their heart and soul into this position and for people who want to make a big difference.
Dave Du Toit
Plot 35, California
Tzaneen 0850 0850
+27 83 45 45 381